CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2016 Conference will formally take place over 3 days from Sunday 9th to Tuesday 11th October 2016 at the beautiful waterfront location of Geelong, Victoria in the historic venue of Deakin University’s Waterfront Campus.
The 2016 AFI National Conference and Exhibition will deliver on the theme of “Casting Excellence – Innovation and Success”.
The Australian Foundry Institute invites papers covering the following themes:
- Collaborative Research in the Casting Industry
- Manufacturing in a High Cost Environment
- Advanced Manufacturing and the application of current and new technology in the Foundry Environment
- Industry regulation, help or hindrance
Die Casting Industry
- Die Casting machines and Ancillary Equipment – lubrication, extractors, date stamping and leak testing
- Die Casting Alloys – performance, preparation and testing
- Die Casting Die Design, steel, heat treatment and Manufacture
- Process Control, measurement and improvement, surface finishes
- Vacuum Die Casting
- Defects Elimination– gas porosity, shrinkage porosity, cold flow, flash etc
- Metal melting, handling and transfer
- Energy efficiency
- Robotics and Automation
- Materials Handling
- Metal Finishing
- Training and Education
- Marketing and Business Promotion
- Research and Development
- Government Grants and Incentives
Papers may relate to ferrous and/or non-ferrous applications and case studies are encouraged.
Important dates to note:
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday 15th July 2016.
- Notification of acceptance: Friday 12th August 2016.
- Final Paper submission: Friday 9th September 2016.
See more Key Dates here